COME WORK WITH US!
We are seeking qualified applicants for Lateral Police Officers.
Now offering *$10,000 SIGNING BONUS*
The Taneytown Police Department is currently accepting applications seeking Maryland Certified officers. The Department currently has a 15 member force in a growing community of approximately 7,200 residents.
- Starting salary of $45,756 – $53,145 for Maryland certified officers depending on experience.
- Night shift differential pay.
- Compensation for Holidays worked.
- Minimum 3 hours overtime for off-duty court appearances.
- Yearly step increments with acceptable performance evaluations.
- Please inquire about $10,000 signing bonus.
- Maryland State L.E.O.P.S, 25 year retirement.
- Annual leave accrual 3.08 – 7.38 hours per pay period depending on years of service.
Years of service: Hours per pay period:
1-4 years 3.08
5-9 years 3.69
10-14 years 4.62
15-19 years 6.46
20 years+ 7.38
- Two personal leave days.
- Sick leave accrual, 4 hours per pay period with unlimited accrual.
- Employee does not pay for health insurance coverage and only pays 25% of dependent coverage. Pre-loaded HRA card $7,000 - $14,000 based on dependents.
2021-2022 Employee Health/Dental/Vision Insurance bi-weekly payroll deductions:
Health Dental Vision HRA amount
Employee only $0 $0 $0 $7,000
Employee and Spouse $59.57 $11.42 $2.08 $14,000
Employee and child $38.91 $9.23 $1.73 $14,000
Family $87.08 $13.85 $2.54 $14,000
- Life insurance $25,000
- Supplemental Insurance: Colonial Life for disability, cancer, injury, and life insurance packages.
- Take home vehicle program. Must reside within 25 air miles.
- All equipment and uniforms provided, including yearly shoe allowance.
- Rotating twelve-hour patrol shifts.
- Tuition reimbursement available.
- Frequent training opportunities.
*The City of Taneytown is an equal opportunity employer*
Applications can be obtained online at: http://cms6.revize.com/.../Employment%20Application.pdf
Completed applications can be dropped off, or sent via post to:
120 E Baltimore Street
Taneytown MD, 21787
The application deadline is February 28th, 2022
For more information, please call 410-751-1150, Monday – Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm.